After reading this CBD oil vs vape juice comparison article, you will be able to learn about both of these products to make a better decision.
CBD, a natural healer and a potential fighter is an ancient time compound that belongs to the cannabis family and is probably most unique among all members.
It was traditionally made by using Marijuana plant but nowadays, industrialists and investors are more head over heels to produce CBD product sourcing back to hemp plant instead of the marijuana plant to avoid higher amounts of THC- which is also a member of cannabis family but is way different from that of Cannabidiol or CBD.
Health benefits of CBD are unmatched; no other compound is known to the date to be this much beneficiary for every type of ailment as CBD. It’s an exceptionally special compound that doesn’t specifically target a disease but target receptors to maintain an overall normal body functioning of the body.
To better understand which one would suit you more, let’s know more about both forms; oil and vape.
What is CBD Oil?
CBD oil is made by extracting CBD from hemp plants and mixing it into any suitable carrier oil that could be MCT oil or coconut or olive oil to make a better stand-alone blend. It is made from any part of the plant except seeds and roots, including stem, leaves and flower buds.
This CBD is highly efficient and keeps the human body in the state of equilibrium by its homeostasis maintaining properties. It has the capability of keeping on the work without making you High and can help in treating headaches, migraines, depression, anxiety, epilepsy, heart problems and whatnot.
CBD oil, as the name indicates, comes in an oil form that you use orally, sublingually or topically and hence provide great versatility and palatability.
What is CBD Vape Juice?
A vaporizer or non-literarily known as a vape is a pen-like device that is used to vaporize substances or liquids for inhalation. Calling it a modern way to smoke with a lot of versatility wouldn’t be any wrong, that’s why it’s also named as e-cigarette.
For inhalation, people usually tend to use plant substances like cannabis, tobacco, or other herbs or blends of essential oil.
The marketed form of potential substance to be used in vape pens is known as vape oil, e-liquids or vape juice.
To manufacture a vape juice, CBD is extracted from the plant via the same traditional and cultural methods and then mixed with a thinning agent to help it flow through the vape pen and produce the inhalable vapors.
Cartridges are slim and disposable e-cigarette tanks filled with CBD e-juice. Some of them may also contain pure CBD distillate or CBD isolate for a more intense puff. These cartridges connect to a standard 510 battery to provide an easy entry into vaping CBD.
CBD Oil vs Vape
- CBD oil, as the name indicates, comes in oil form which is primarily designed for sublingual or under tongue usage. CBD oil is a versatile product and people may use it orally, sublingually or topically.
- To understand how a CBD would work for you, you need to understand the biology behind all three administrations. When taken orally, it enters the digestive system and hence needs more time to show its potential effects. Also, orally taken substances undergo metabolism in the liver which, due to the first-pass effect, reduces the amounts of active CBD in blood. Or, you can say, a specific amount of orally taken CBD goes wasted.
- When taken sublingually or under the tongue, from here, it quickly gets absorbed into the main bloodstream and hence shows quicker effects without being wasted by metabolism.
- Topical applications also potentially avoid first-pass metabolism by the liver, hence show quick and sharp effects.
- CBD vape, on the other hand, is not so versatile. Vape juice can only be used for inhalational purposes. The good thing about vaping a CBD is, through vapors, CBD can directly reach the brain through lungs avoiding all the hurdles of digestion, metabolism or first-pass effect and thus, even minute amounts of CBD work exceptionally strong if compared with CBDs intake via other methods.
- Vape will give you an instant quick, potent and strong effect hence even using little amounts would be enough.
What dosage should I take?
Unfortunately, there are no “one-size-fits-all” dose guidelines for CBD. Dose is a dependable factor and is affected by symptoms being treated, body weight and tolerance.
- CBD oil is safe to use the drug and there are no chances of overdosing or intoxicating but studies have also suggested safe range doses of CBD.
- CBD vape cartridges, on the other hand, contain 100mg of CBD and deliver about 1-2mg CBD with each puff.
Hence no specific guidelines are there, the best way to find your dosage is to make a start with an initial low dose and then work your way up with time.
The best way to make a start is, start with 1 to 2 mg of CBD and wait for about six hours until your next dose. Gradually increase the dosage each time by 5mg. As soon as you start experiencing positive expected effects, lock in that dose and stick to it.
CBD’s Side effects as Vape and Oil:
- CBD oil is a highly safe-to-use product and it’s unlikely for a CBD oil to produce any side effects. But still, a very low ratio of the population may experience some mild type of side effects and that may include dry mouth, low blood pressure, light-headedness and drowsiness. Also, although not common, but still CBD can produce signs of liver injury in some people. Side effects are mild and can easily be subsided by regular use.
- CBD Vape, on the other hand, can also impose the same side effects as CBD oil along with slight euphoria, hunger and red eyes. Comparatively the side effects of CBD are quite less pronounced.
Though, vape has its potential side effects regardless of CBD’s vape. September of 2019 was the month which witnessed reportedly 500 cases of respiratory illness linked to vaping in the US individually and the symptoms were reported to include cough, chest pain, nausea, shortness of breath, vomiting and diarrhea.
The Bottom Line:
Facts and figures explained in this article are clear enough to give you an idea of both CBD oil vs vape.
- CBD oil, as explained, doesn’t seem to have a high profile side effect story to scare the shit out of you but it shows its potential effects relatively late and also is not a fun way to consume CBD.
- CBD Vape, on the other hand is a quite fun way to consume CBD that also gives you a complete control overdose but this fun is related to high health risks which are associated with the vaping process itself. It may harm the lungs and may cause serious respiration issues if used extensively or for a longer period.
Guiding and describing is our responsibility and choosing a safe way is yours!